Thursday, February 9, 2006

Books






Although the controversy has died down about this author, I thought I would write about these books.

I had read both back in the fall before all the hoopla started. I was enthralled with Million Little Pieces and couldn't put it down. I found it to be an encouraging book with great meaning. As I was reading it, I did think that he was so far gone in the drug and alcohol world that he couldn't have remembered everything exactly. That was OK for me, because the meaning that I got out of the book was more important. It was different than any book I had read before, and I liked that also. My Friend Leonard was also a good follow up.

We will be reading Million Little Pieces at my suggestion, for our book club in the next coming months. I can't wait to hear the controversy and should prove to be good discussions. :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to read this book.  Oprah was pretty rough on him.  When I write my memoir I know I'll exagerate some, it's just me.  I'm like the father in the movie "Big Fish".

Derek

Anonymous said...

I just went and bought it on my lunch break.  Can't wait to start reading it.

Derek

Anonymous said...

so how are the discussions going, this was definitely a different kind of book, I almost felt like I was in rehab with him.  I kept putting the book down, until my hands started shaking, and I couldn't take it any more, and had to pick it back up and read.  So is the second book as good?

Derek