Saturday, October 13, 2007

Distance speaks




Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend. " Eat Pray Love" - Elizabeth Gilbert



I stand alone with only my thoughts to answer to.
How did it come to this, with all that feels, all that shouts,
smiles back at me like sunshine surrounding my heart?
We both stand close together as one, but the distance speaks.
Under the spell again.
I can't breathe or let go of the dream.
It feels good, conquers all, and sustains peace of mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderful gift in your ability not only to express thoughts and feelings through verse but also providing a window which takes you to a much deeper place.  Words come alive, feelings are exposed, and warmth embraces us.  A wonderful gift indeed.