Saturday, September 27, 2008

There is a time for everything under the heavens






For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted: a time to kill, and a time to heal: a time to break down, and a time to build up: a time to weep, and a time to laugh: a time to mourn, and a time to dance;....
Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

I remember this reading from childhood, when going to daily mass seemed monotonous, but always left me feeling renewed. As the years went by, this reading stood out as one of my favorites and mass changed to being alluring. But as life came to pass and I was shown that everything wasn't black and white, it didn't have that same magical feeling when I listened to the lines. Today, as the day allowed me to attend mass, this reading showed its face once again in all its grace. In this timely manner I sighed and knew why. We are here yet only for a brief moment in the eyes of our being. We are here to love and be loved. To give of ourselves in care and comfort. To immerge in the world's beauty, absorb it's strength and discover the work God has done. There is an appointed time for everything...

1 comment:

sunflowerkat said...

Carol -

I am so SO glad the you popped up as a follower over at my new journal. Somehow, I had lost track of you. That is fixed now!
:)