Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Quiet

 

Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary.
            --
Peter Minard

Today I found myself feeling quiet as I was going about my day.  My inner peace was present and it felt good. This quiet can feel like freedom when it is present, which is something that I yearn for at times.  But, other days it can make me feel lost and wondering why that is.  I didn't question it today.  I looked around at my surroundings and absorbd the day with the beauty so abundantly given.  Quiet has once again shown peace

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your journal always speaks beauty and peace to me. Thank you for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Gee. Peace and Quiet. Maybe one day I can get that again... in 20 years :)
Adam
journals.aol.com/pawsadam/chester

Anonymous said...

I love your quote....I come here for my peace and beauty.  Thank you, Carol.

Anonymous said...

i envy you i need quietness really bad....
http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES
neat horse

Anonymous said...

The best regeneration of spirit comes from the removal of external involvement. Silence and darkness with warmth or coolness can bring on deep peaceful thought and cleansing. We all need the juvination occassionally.