Sunday, August 22, 2004

 

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.      -- Frank A. Clark

Just when I think something can't work, my mind is jarred into thinking that maybe there is another way to make things happen.  It can go a hundred miles an hour with different thoughts in ways to figure matters out.  I recall a memory of the nun who taught me in 7th grade.  She would say "can't... means you don't want to."  That line seems to pop into my thoughts at times even after all these years. Maybe that is why I never seem to give up on what I'm doing.  Why I work to figure it out if only for my satisfaction.  Determination has always been there for me, with or without obstacles in the way.  But it seems that striving harder is what makes the outcome along the way more enjoyable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS CAROL THIS ENTRY IS JUST WHAT I NEEDED TODAY

Anonymous said...

Great memory of a sage lesson!  I believe I will steal that little bit of wisdom.
Thanks!