Saturday, January 10, 2004

Friends

"All people you meet here have one thing to teach you.  That there are no random acts.  That we are all connected.  That you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."  Mitch Albom - The five people you meet in heaven.

Since reading this book from Mitch Albom, I have reflected on those friends and strangers that have passed through my life.  I would have to say that I have always thought we meet each person for a reason.  Sometimes we know why, other times we never do find out.   We bring each experience of that contact of others with us and that forms the person who we are.  As I sat and visited a friend the other day who has been struggling for her life, I couldn't help but wonder why I met her shortly before her illness started a year ago.  Each time we met we would talk about anything and everything so easily....and it was like that the other day even though we both knew that time was running out.  Meeting her was no random act. 

No comments: