Wednesday, June 2, 2004

Happiness

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
The Dalai Lama
 

Compassion has been with me longer than I can remember. This is one trait that comes so easily for me.  It's like automatic, without thinking.  I look at myself after a situation and see how easily I react to peoples needs.  How I want them to feel good, to be OK and to see the beauty in life through kindness.  Was this bestowed upon me for happiness?  Is being happy in life generally feeling good about doing for others? 
I think happiness is in our grasps and closer than we think. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh...you remind me that someone/thing snarfed my hostas away.  when did that happen?  Seriously, I had healthy plants not 2 summers ago... and yesterday as I went to water them, there are no traces left.

The mystery of mumsy's backyard...

hmmm, sounds like a journal entry.

I think compassion is a gift.  empathy required. we're all given the gift, I am sure, but I daresay few of us use it well or often enough.  I know I don't.

Anonymous said...

I have been bestowed with this gift greatly as well!  I have been told that sometimes I am a bit too compassionate, which ends up getting my heart broken, but, that hasn't stopped me so far!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Carol!
V

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! I have the same hostas in my back yard! Pretty! Yes, I think we all can show more compassion to others and mercy too. God is compassionate and merciful to us. We need more of compassion in our world today. I am a compassionate person also. I am happy you are a compassionate person Carol. God's speed!
R.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Carol!  Both, the picture and your entry.