Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Morning sunshine :)

Popping out yesterday from hibernation, one of my turtles blinked as the sunlight danced on her face. How excited I was to see them, knowing they were submerged under ice this winter longer than expected.  I smiled at the simplicity of this event but wondered how life looked at that moment through the eyes of a turtle after 4 1/2 months of sleeping.  I didn't see any excitement there nor smile, but I assume they were ready to start anew and look for that first taste of spring bugs.  Good morning sunshine, welcome back.   :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I just see myself in the mirror? lol I love spring! It's the season of "new", of hope, of light...all the things that I live for. Even in the darkest days, there is light...there is you.