Sunday, April 25, 2004

Singing sweetly

 

I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes.
Charles Lindbergh (1902 - 1974), Interview shortly before his death, 1974

 

Look closely at the top hole of this birdhouse.   It shows the mouth of a little bird  waiting patiently for the mother to come back with dinner.  These birds have been singing sweetly to me as I worked in my garden this week.  Every year this birdhouse is the home to little ones that stay for such a short time, but is always a pleasant sound to my ears.  As the sign says on the house, they are always welcomed in this garden!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww very sweet. :) I love birds.

Anonymous said...

Mom, Libby, and I go out of our way to encourage the birds to take up residents in our yards. I enjoy sitting on the patio with my morning coffee. As I watch the sun rise the birds wake and start to chirp and sing. What a pleasant way to start a day. I'll bet you always have some nice treats available for you back yard guests.

Anonymous said...

great shot......http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!