Wednesday, July 12, 2006

May angels lead you in


So what would you think of me now,
so lucky, so strong, so proud?
I never said thank you for that,
now I'll never have a chance.


Sometimes one just knows. While up in Pittsburgh last week for the family reunion, I noticed my cousin watching me and looking like he wanted to talk. I had spoke to him earlier about basic family catching up, but this was different. I felt he wanted to discuss something we had both experienced. I was correct with my instinct. I finally saw the opportunity to approach him as he sat in a lounge chair with an empty chair next to him. As soon as I sat down he started talking. I just smiled and was ready. I had been waiting to talk with him about this for a long time. He had lost his only brother, as I had lost my only sister . Him and I are the same age and both our siblings were two years older than us. We both have a remaining sibling, but I always wanted to know his inner thoughts of losing his brother that was so close to him growing up as my sister was to me. There was a connection that I knew he would understand. As we sat there, it seemed as if we finally shared something that was needed for both of us. It was time.

And if you were with me tonight,
I'd sing to you just one more time.
A song for a heart so big,
God wouldn't let it live.

May angels lead you in
Artist: Jimmy Eat World Lyrics
Song: Hear You Me


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now I'm crying...i'm not sure why reading it here was so different from hearing you tell it.  you have such a good, kind, loving heart....the world is a better place because you are here :)  And yes, that song is perfect...