Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mad river

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step on to the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept of to. " (Bilbo to Frodo) - J R R Tolkien

The river today was absolutely gorgeous. It was clear, cool and glistening. I set off in the morning with the lead boat to get to Buzzard Island Dam early at 7:30 so as to get ready for another portage. It all went very smoothly as the boats were lined done the shoot while the people walked down. My boat actually went down twice and pulled up once. I was set at the bottom and then needed at the top. It worked out well and all 300 boats passed thru by 1:30. This picture is from the bottom of the Dam structure. The boat is a solo wish list boat for myself :)
I swam for a long while once again in the cool water. I saw two otters on the bank in the early morning, fish, herons and many other birds. It was a great day. :)
We have 3 days left to complete the 106 mile trip. Tomorrow we will paddle another 15. Four down and three to go. Its going too fast. :)

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments: