Sunday, March 7, 2004

 It figures my first purchase on ebay would be concert tickets for Prince.  We have some serious ebay people living here that watch it everyday and purchase items just about every day.  I am always the one that couldn't understand their excitement with it.  That is until yesterday.  :)
I remembered at dinner last night that the concert tickets went on sale at noon.  I had forgotten to get online and purchase them. I turned around and signed onto Ticketmaster to find tickets.  That is when the emotions went flying. The best priced tickets of $77.00 were sold out.  OK I thought, the $50.00 range won't be too bad.  At least I'll be there.  Well, the only seats left were the ones way up in peanut heaven!  Those are the seats that you can touch the ceiling!  My first thought was just try again.  No luck.  The disappointment shown and I was yelling at everyone, until my 14 year old said "lets get them on Ebay." Huh?
He proceeded to pull up ebay and listed were tons of tickets!  Good tickets!  We found something and I said to bid on them. OK, he said, but you have to wait 6 days to see if you win them.  WHAT???  At this point my heart was racing.  He went on to say I could purchase them now at a different price.  All right, do it!  Can't do that he said, they're $300.00 for 2 tickets!  WHAT???  He said, I'm getting Dad.  Well, go get him I yelled back, I'm getting the tickets!  For some reason he wouldn't let go of the wireless mouse.  I was getting pretty upset.
Next thing you know I got hold of the mouse, hit click....bought... for $300.00+. My son looked at me in amazement while I just sat there and smiled.  Floor tickets...row 13.  I think we both learned something about each other last night.  lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this works out for you. I spend a lot of time on eBay, buying and selling. You can get 'ripped off" unless you are thorough with your investigation of the product and the Seller. Get a Paypal account so you don't have to give any seller you credit card number. Paypal is honest, honorable, and secure. Good Luck. Bill.

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to believe all these years have passed since he was famous. Where did the time go?

Anonymous said...

LMAO you go girl ! I love prince. Enjoy the show : )