Tuesday, September 16, 2003

A beautiful morning

What a great morning it is here.  Air is cool, birds are chirping and the excitment is here to begin another day.  :)

Tennis is this morning and I'm wondering if I should go. Starting next week I won't be able to make it because of helping with the literacy program at school on Tuesdays.  Anyway, it interupts my walking in the morning!  Yesterday I used my pedometer to see how far I've been walking the last 3 years and it clocked in at 4 1/2 miles.  I figured it would be around that distance and was glad my trek was that far.  It's a good way to start my morning.

Talked to my son yesterday at college.  He wants to come home this weekend.  We haven't seen him since he left in mid August.  Seems to like it there at GA Southern, but misses his friends here.  I'm doing the last coat of paint in his room today so maybe it will be done for him.  I'm not sure he's going to recognize his own room.  I don't think I've seen it that clean!  lol

Quote for the day:  You are not here mearly to make a living.  You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement.  You are here to enrich the world.  You empoverish yourself if you forget this errand.  Woodrow Wilson

This is one of my favoroite quotes and it fits so well in my life. My vision is seen for others and my spirit is never ending....enriching the world is easy.   :)

No comments: